The Writing Center offers special programming for classes and campus groups.
To request an event, please fill out the UA Writing Center Event Request Form.
Our programs include:
Promotional Visits. 10-15 minutes. We will visit your classroom or campus group, give an overview of what to expect when visiting the Center, and explain how to use the service.
Workshops. 30-50 minutes. Possible topics include:
- Technical Writing
- Science Writing
- Writing in APA Style
- Writing in MLA Style
- Writing in AMA Style
- Transitioning from High School to College Writing
- Improving Your Writing Process
- Writing Personal Statements
- Writing Abstracts and Literature Reviews
- Improving your Writing Style
- Working with and Citing Sources
- Assignment-Specific Workshops (i.e: “Writing the Informative Synthesis Paper,” or “Writing the Psychology Research Paper.” These workshops are tailored to specific courses and writing prompts).