The UA Writing Center is free and available to all members of the UA community! Below is a quick guide to using our services:
REGISTER FOR A FREE ACCOUNT
- All clients need to register to use our services. To get started, go to writingcenter.ua.edu and click on “Make an Appointment,” then on “Register for an account.” Your UA writing center account information is separate from your MyBama log in.
- Check your e-mail to activate your writing center account. You can now use the appointment system.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- When you log in to our appointment system, choose between the Lloyd Hall and Online/Distance Learning schedules.
- Click on an available day and time to secure an appointment. White squares are available slots, while blue squares and gray squares are unavailable.
- Use the drop-down menu labeled “tutor focus” to search for a tutor by specialization [optional].
- Check your e-mail for a confirmation message with information on where to show up (online vs. Lloyd) and how to connect with your tutor online (if applicable).
DROP IN OR JOIN THE WAITLIST
- We are often fully booked during peak times, but if you have some flexibility, you can normally get in by the next day.
- Stop by Lloyd 322 or call us at (205) 348-5049 to ask about a drop-in session. Appointments often come open during the day as clients change or reschedule their meeting times.
- If you join our waiting list (available via the appointment system), you’ll be notified if an appointment becomes available. Once you are notified, you must go online to book that slot. The waiting list is first-come, first-served.
Call us at (205) 348-5049 during business hours, or email us at email@example.com.
Room 322 Lloyd Hall (on the Quad, next to the Alabama History Museum). We are next to the large third-floor lobby.