The Writing Center offers distance learning support for students enrolled in online courses.
Our distance learning, or E-tutoring service, is asynchronous; it can be done at your convenience by uploading your draft so that a consultant can read it, insert comments, and send feedback to you. Distance learning appointments must be made at least one day in advance. Consultants can look at up to 10 pages per session.
To use eTutoring:
- From the UA Writing Center page, click on the “make an appointment” link.
- Use the drop-down arrow to choose the distance learning schedule and log in with your Crimson ID and password.
- Click on an available appointment (a white square) to select.
- On the appointment form, explain what you want your tutor to look for (Example: “I want feedback on my thesis statement and organization.”)
- Attach your assignment sheet as well as any rubrics or instructions from your professor. You are welcome to insert questions into the draft (using the “comments” function).
- To add an attachment after making your initial appointment, click on the yellow folder in the top left hand corner of the UAMYWC site. This feature allows you to edit existing appointments.
- Your tutor will comment on your draft and upload it to the appointment form by the end of the session. [Tutors do not make revisions or changes to the text itself].
- Note: you do not need to be present during the session, and you may access the feedback at your convenience.
- To access your feedback and client report form, log in to UAMYWCONLINE and click on your original appointment. (Arrow through the schedule to return to appointments from prior weeks).
- If you have trouble viewing the comments, try downloading the document before viewing.
Still have questions? You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Writing Center uses papers submitted online for teaching and training. If we use your work for tutor training, all personal information will be removed, including your name. If you don’t want your work to be used for staff training, you can let us know by e-mailing email@example.com. Your request will be honored.